Thursday, January 22, 2009

as i wait for sleep to take me over

Here are some random thoughts, facts, things I remember or just want to put out there in the blog world:

~A friend of ours told us the weather was only two degrees warmer than the weather when Reagan's nomination was moved inside because of frostbite weather....if Obama had moved his inside there would have been a f**king riot.

~With almost 2 million people on the mall gathered for the big moment, there were no arrests or major problems. Only lost children, cold people and a horse that got injured before the parade could start.

~Apparently we had it easy getting into our gate, the purple and blue color-coordinated gates straight up turned people away with no apparently reason, and no real organization from police forces.

~My grandma who is in her mid (maybe late) 80s, woke up at 6 am Wyoming time to watch the inaugural coverage all day long with her TV tray set up for her to eat breakfast and lunch. Between meals she knitted while she watched (she knits squares for blankets for the homeless) and just so happened to knit with blue, red and white yarn. How awesome is this???? She also voted for Obama.

~After missing a week of school I have A LOT of school work to make up and reading to do. Hopefully I can plow through that on the drive home. That means Dad's driving. :)

~When I get back to Boulder I plan to sleep in my cave of a room as long as I can because I feel like I'm perpetually tired and wanting to take a nap.

~Sasha and Malia Obama are so cute. During the concert everytime the camera showed them watching it Malia was taking pictures with a little digital camera and also the way they sat changed from time to time with the girls together and Barack and Michelle together, and then the girls in between and other combos as well. It was funny because behind them I saw a few times a little asian girl asleep on her parent's shoulders. Turns out she is Obama's niece the daughter his only sister on his mom's side.

~It felt amazingly wonderful to see Bush's helicopter circle Washington DC twice with the crowd we were in flipping it off and singing, Na na na na, hey hey hey, GOODBYE. It made it all the more real that he is DONE!

~ A trip back East isn't complete without a crab cake for lunch or dinner and a visit with my Dad's Dad and his wife, (Gommy and Grandad) we did both of those things today by meeting in Baltimore's inner harbor for lunch. I had a delicious Crab Cake sandwich!

And now I go to bed. I really enjoy doing bullet points when I can't seem to figure out a good organizational way to start out a piece or blog, or sometimes, an email to family.

Goodnight all!

No comments: