(I'm obviously still learning how to use blogspot. The weekend I got back from DC I wrote the following post and then couldn't post it because I lost my internet connection and I didn't realize until now that a draft was saved. So here's my post, a few weeks too late.)
There's this line in our family that goes "coke break's over, back on your head." It comes from the following joke.
A guy dies and goes to heaven and the devil greets him and tells him he has three different options to spend the rest of eternity. The devil takes him to one door, opens it and in it people are suffering in the sweltering heat. The next door shows people shivering in the freezing cold. And the third door opened to people standing in dog poop to their knees drinking coke. The guy thinks, this isn't so bad. So he picks the third room. He gets his coke and wades into the poop and starts drinking. A minute later the devil comes back and yells to everyone, 'coke break's over, back on your heads."
So that may be a bit crass, but it cracks me up, and I have been thinking the punch line today. Not because I was in dog poop of course, but because I'm not ready to get back to the grind of school, and work soon. The amount of catch up work and reading I have is a tad overwhelming, but I did get a lot of reading under my belt while I was in the car. It's just a matter of understanding it.
This morning we got in to Boulder around 10:30. The entire trip we had amazing weather on the roads with no moisture or anything. Ironically enough we hit flurries and snow on the road right by DIA outside of Denver. The snow increased as we got to Boulder but we made it back in one piece. My dad unloaded his stuff into his car and hit the road so he could drive to Durango before sunset and suddenly the trip was over.
I always pout a little as I'm unpacking because I really do enjoy traveling and this trip was especially great. But at the same time it felt great to lay in bed for a bit as I mustered the energy to do homework and unpack everything. I was tempted to nap, but drank more coffee to stay away so tonight's sleep will be especially wonderful.
Sunday, January 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment