Thursday, January 15, 2009

tentative schedule

My dad is in Boulder. We're sitting here watching Grey's Anatomy. My dad wanted to leave tonight, but I had to watch Grey's Anatomy...and still have a lot of packing/preparations to do. But we're leaving tomorrow at the crack of dawn. We'll plan to wake up at 5 a.m. and hit the road as soon as we can. We were going to leave after my class gets out at noon, but it's my only class of the day, and I decided it was best to just hit the road ASAP. It's my only class of the day, and it's pass/fail and my friend is in it diligently taking notes. Three perfect reasons to leave early.

We'll try to get somewhere past St. Louis tomorrow night. Somewhere in Indiana or Illinois, or even Kentucky, we'll see. Then we'll get to my uncle's house in Frederick, Maryland on Saturday night. Sunday we're going to the We Are One concert. The line-up of 'special performances' include Beyonce, U2, Bruce Springsteen, Herbie Hancock, Pete Seeger, John Legend, James Taylor, Will.i.am, Usher, Stevie Wonder, Shakira and others. It seems like it's going to be almost as crazy and nuts as the Inaugural Day itself, however, sounds like FUN and what else are we gonna do Sunday night??

Monday we need to go to John Salazar's office to pick up our golden tickets and then Monday night we're off to the Ball!!! I'm waiting for my friend Brittany to come over to help me figure out which of my three potential dresses to wear to the ball, and also what outfit to wear if I need to look professional while in DC. Britt is the best person to go to for fashion advice.

Then Tuesday is of course the big day!

Wednesday night my Dad will meet with his editors at Smithsonian and I hope to visit the Newseum, the new journalism museum in DC.

Then I think Thursday we'll start the drive West. Stopping in Lexington to visit my cousin and then get back to Colorado Friday or Saturday. We'll see.

That doesn't feel like the best post, but it had to be 'blogged' so you all know. Text, call, comment or facebook me please to keep me entertained and give me something to do along the way.

2 comments:

Beth L Warren said...

I'm dying to read your first "post" from the road, as you drive along with your lap top and cell connect!

marcy said...

where are you now? how far have you gotten?