Sunday, April 5, 2009

My list!

When I worked at the Durango Herald, a co-worker and I would exchange stories about different musicians we've seen in concert. I think he was convinced since he had several years on me in age, he was far wiser and far more experienced with concert going. One day I got an email from him listing all the musicians/bands he's seen live in concert. Not one to be outdone, I started to compile my list by looking through my ipod and looking at past lineups for different music festivals I've been to (Telluride Bluegrass, Folks Festival, Four Corners Folk Festival, Blues and Brews, Taos Solar and Mile High.) I definitely beat him. :).....it was fun to outdo him, and also to have a list for myself. Here it is:

Allison Kraus, Amos Lee, Amy MacDonald, The Belleville Outfit, Ben Harper, Ben Taylor, Wilco, Boulder Acoustic Society, Brett Dennen, Cake, Cherine Anderson, Chris Thile, Citizen Cope, Coldplay, Crooked Still, Damian Marley, Dave Matthews Band, Death Cab for Cutie, DeVotchka, The Duhks, Eric Hutchinson, Feist, G. Love and Special Sauce, Gavin DeGraw, Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova (The Swell Season), Graham Colton, Infamous Stringdusters, Ingrid Michaelson, Jakob Dylan, James Blunt, Jason MrazJohn Butler Trio, Jonny Lang, K’Naan, Katie Herzig, Kelly Clarkson, KT Tunstall, Manu Chao, Maroon 5, Matisyahu, Matt Costa, Matt Nathanson, Michael Franti and Spearhead, Neko Case, Norah Jones, Old Crow Medicine Show, Paper Bird, Paolo Nutini, Punch Brothers, Ray LaMontagne, Rodrigo y Gabirela, Rogue Wave, The Roots, Ryan Shupe, Sam Bush, Stephen Kellogg and the Sixers, Stevie Wonder, The Subdudes, Fiona Apple, Trevor Hall, The Waifs, Xavier Rudd, Ziggy Marley, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Jerry Grisham, Golgo Bordello, Ryan Adams
Ani Difranco, Jamie Cullam, Marc Cohn, Brandi Carlile, Tim O’Brien, Darrel Scott, Del McCoury, Derek Trucks, Dirty Dozen Brass Band, Acoustin Syndicate, Robert Randolph and the Family Band, Virginia Coalition, Jerry Douglas, Bela Fleck, Bobby McFerrin, Eddie From Ohio, Delbert McClinton, John Cowan, Lucinda Williams, Yonder Mountain String Band, Natalie MacMaster, Emmylou Harris, Jewel, Barenaked Ladies, Bonnie Raitt, Arlo Guthrie, Soloman Burke, Cadillac Sky, The Bills, Public Property, Eufoquestra, Ollabelle, Dar Williams, Robinella
Waybacks, Tony Furtado, Ruthie Foster, Motet, Eileen Ivers, Wisechild, Cabaret Diosa, John Mayer, Josh Ritter, State Radio, James Brown, Tina Turner, Lionel Ritchie, North Mississippi Allstars, BB King, Dr John, Blind Boys of Alabama, Etta James, Joan Osborne , John Hiatt, Alex Maryol Band, Sonya Kitchel, Nevill Brothers, Shemeika Copeland, Leftover Salmon, Buddy Guy Allman Brothers, Angus and Julia Stone, Second String, Rita Marley, Missy Higgins, The Wailers and Lipbone Redding.

Artists I still haven't seen that I want to: Jack Johnson, Iron and Wine, Rilo Kiley, Jurassic 5, The Raconteurs, Spoon, Dixie Chicks and Joshua Radin.

Forgive me if I accidentally repeated any. My most embarrassing artists to admit to seeing would be Kelly Clarkson or Lionel Ritchie. Kelly Clarkson is the only American Idol that I allow myself to listen to. And Lionel Ritchie opened for Tina Turner when I saw her for my 13th birthday. I wanted to see someone like 'NSYNC or that, but my mom insisted on Tina Turner at the Pepsi Center because it was something I'd appreciate in the future. Which was totally true. :)

No comments: