Thursday, April 2, 2009

recent articles

As I promised last week, here are some of my recent articles.

When I did my work on the Black History Month I had a hard time finding black Republicans to keep the story bipartisan. This past election year seemed to build on the stereotype that blacks are liberals. I had to get the story published before the month was out...but soon after the story published I found out about the Colorado Black Republican Forum. So here's the story I wrote about them, and I tied it into Michael Steele's visit to Denver as my lede. If Steele had not come to town I would have been unsure how to lead my story. Good timing.

Another article that I took a bit of time to work on was about twitter. In the past two month, and especially after Obama's address to the joint session of Congress there seemed to be just so much coverage of politicians tweeting and narrating their days for users. Here's the story.

And my last article before I skipped town for Spring Break. I'll write more about it later, because I am doing a follow-up piece for our Earth Day issue a few weeks from now.

No comments: