(I wrote this last Monday night at 10 p.m. without internet access. I would like to apologize in advance if it comes off as rambling, but that’s just the kind of mood I was in....lots on my mind.)
I start my job tomorrow. It’s hard to describe how I feel.
If I start thinking too much about it I get kind of panicky, but then this new side of me that manifested getting the job in the first place, tells me I’m perfect for it and I’ll do great.
I’m excited. I’m nervous. I’m calm.
I guess that’s it in a nutshell.
I was more nervous to move to Denver and start working at the Huffington Post. Maybe because I’ve been psyching myself up for this for the past month and a half. Maybe because deep down, I know this is THE job for me. Or perhaps it’s that I feel far more comfortable in Telluride than Denver.
It’s funny, a year ago I wanted to move to DC and get into political communications. Somehow over the past 12 months I have grown more rooted in Colorado than I ever expected. Several friends of mine moved to DC after college. Some loved it, and others did not. I identify more closely with the ones who didn’t last long there and that made me feel much better about deciding to try and find a job here in Colorado.
In June when my mom and I were driving back from the Telluride Bluegrass Festival, we drove around this bend where suddenly you can see spectacular views of the mountains about Trout Lake and I said, holy shit, “I just don’t know if I could leave this.”
I consider myself lucky enough to be able to not have to. To return to my corner of the state and do what I love in a place that I love.
Once again this blog will change directions. I want to try to strike that balance between blogging candidly about my life while also presenting a professional/interesting look at who I am as a person for anyone who happens to come across this link. I’m not going to set an intention for what this space in the blogosphere will be except for that. We’ll see where my new life in Telluride takes me and what I feel compelled to share with those who choose to read this.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment