[I found this document on my computer after a night of blogging, and I’m guessing my internet wasn’t working so I saved it as a document and it never went online. So I have updated it and thought I’d still share.]
Sorry for my absence. I have been so ridiculously busy that I can barely sit down to gather my thoughts. In my hard copy journal when I've missed long periods of time, I'll bullet point the highlights of the past few months because I want to remember the main things, and just don't have time to actually write it all out. So please allow me to bullet point my life over the past few months.
- Even though Valentine's Day passed with another year single, I felt very loved by my new family of friends here in Telluride. I received a singing telegram from my co-workers/friends and then had a lovely single ladies date with Karlita.
- Shortly after I headed to Denver to accept the Planet's Colorado Press Association awards and attend the conference. My first work trip. It was fun. Won second place for business and sports stories. Had a quick visit with friends and such on the Front Range.
- Babysat ALOT. Made extra money.
- Went snowshoeing on a work trip with 12 middle schoolers. I rather enjoy snowshoeing.
- Skied a bit, but not as much as I should have.
- Had a few guys come into and out of my life. Nothing special, but a still nice.
- My birthday!! Chris and Dad came to visit. We skied. Saw the Infamous Stringdusters play. Celebrated Karla's birthday as well.
- Had to find a new place to live. After many weeks of back and forth, I settled on a place on the hillside some 70 stairs above the street. My life has been in disarray for about a month, but I finally feel settled in. My roommate Joe is great and I think we’ll have a good summer together. Then he moves in September so I will have to find someone by then.
- Went to Durango. Got prescribed eyeglasses for long distance and computer time. So pretty much all day at work. Didn't realize it, but I have astigmatism. The new specs set me back a bit financially, but I'm very excited to get them, and I am very thankful for my mother's vision insurance. Glad I did this while she's still on her premo-insurance.
- Went to Boulder for an amazing Arcade Fire concert with Chris.
- Flew to DC for our trip to Arlington for my grandmother’s funeral. (More to come on that later).
- Went backpacking in Grand Gulch with Ryan.
- Took my mom to Moab for mother’s day.
- Took Courtney and Karla to Durango for a weekend with my mom.
- And somehow that brings me to a week away from Mountainfilm. One of the best weekend’s of the year because it kicks off the summer.
Ok, so hopefully my future posts will be more frequent and involve less bullets and more complete sentences and trains of thought. But I'm not making any promises.

No comments:
Post a Comment