So I created this blog almost a year ago to have a place to put my writing. As you can see by the log history, I didn't do too well with it. I like the idea of blogging and I enjoy reading other people's blogs, but for some reason, in the past, I have felt I had nothing worth blogging about to blog about. (That's a mouthful...) But now I do! On Friday at around 1 p.m. MST I will be embarking on a cross country trip to Washington, DC in my 200 Jetta with my Dad. We have two tickets to Obama's inauguration. Crazy huh? I got the tickets from our Congressman, John Salazar, Ken's brother, and as a way to pay rent to my dad after I lived with him for three months, he got my extra ticket. I did ask for four, but only got two. When we found out about it plane ticket prices were sky high and my dad and I are crazy enough to say eff it, we're driving out there. I'm putting the miles on my car, and my dad is paying gas. Good trade huh??
There will be plenty of time to blog about my adventures in DC and along the way. I'm anxious to sit in a car for that long. I haven't driven more than 6 hours in a car since I can remember and have a tendency to get antsy in the car. My mom has a USB internet service cell phone thingy that has internet access when there is alltel phone service. She is generously letting me use that for the trip. Great for me (and my Dad) because when I'm the passenger and am sick of reading I can do my usual facebook, twitter, RSS feed internet routine....and of course blog. Fantastic.
So I hope y'all (yes I just said that...) enjoy reading this. I also hope that people actually read it and I'm not just typing away at the ethers for no one to read. Please let me apologize now if my posts tend to be unorganized and have a stream of consciousness style to them. When I blog or journal I write how I'm thinking, and that's usually all over the place.
Sunday, January 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Road Trips! We love 'em! Vermont to Colorado in Aunt Jane's Buick coming up in February. Maybe I'll finish the last panel of my plastic canvas tissue box cover on the journey (no time last trip since I was asked to drive too often on the way back from Wyoming, plus the stars and stripes panel was more challenging than anticipated). Next step: Find a pair of skis that fit in the trunk, the last pair I brought home from the dump were too long. Bummer. (My snowboard fits however.) The Park Avenue just doesn't look good with a ski rack on it, though I did see a similarly aged Cadillac with a Thule box on it the other night with some college hipsters behind the wheel. (But...I am neither college, nor hip.) One tip, pick your tunes carefully to match the cadence of the expansion cracks along I-70 through Kansas. Safe travels!
Post a Comment