Monday, January 12, 2009

one more week....kind of

I'm watching the evening news, and they just played parts of Bush's last press conference. Wow. I cannot believe that man only has one more week in office. I remember when he was elected. I was in 8th grade. I had just begun to become truly aware of politics and the election process. Thanks in part to my parents and thanks to my natural tendency to 'want to know what's goin' on'.

When he was re-elected I was just a few months shy of being able to vote. (My birthday is in March). Despite that, I worked my butt off to spread the word to all my friends who were old enough to vote and then of course I'd pressure them to vote for Kerry as well. I remember crying on election night when he was re-elected. I was so upset and couldn't believe that voters could do that to our country. Again!

I was a senior in high school and I thought that four more years was incredibly too long to endure. At the same time I was preparing for college and I thought four years of college is a lifetime. Well, four years have passed. Bush is about to leave office and I'm about to go off into the 'real world' and try to make a career for myself. Wow. Here's to the next step in my life, and the next step for American leadership under Barack Obama.

No comments: