Afterwards we got a taste of what it will be like Tuesday with several hundred thousand people attempting to leave the Mall. But once we got to our metro station it wasn't so bad and we caught a train with no problem.
I also got a great shirt. All over there were salesman trying to sell really cheesy Obama shwag. I kept my eye out for something that wasn't too bad, and at our metro station there was a man with black long-sleeved shirts with a Obama pic with the pop-art style colors in all blue. It was pretty basic and instead of saying "Hope" like the main image does, it said "Change Happen." The shirt was only $10...vs $25 for other shirts I was interested in. Anyways before paying for it I said, "but wait, that grammar is wrong." The guy gave me the funniest look and said "now look here! Don't give me that crap, I made this shirt myself and I did that on purpose because change not only happened, but it is happening and it will happen, and this is the right grammar because 'happen' represents all o that." Wow I felt like a nerd. But it's a great shirt, so I went for it. I've got my souvenir under my belt. And I felt good about buying it from this guy who designed and had them printed himself.
Below are pictures from the day:
The Bidens and Obama's arriving!
Well I am utterly exhausted. I haven't been this tired in quite some time. The combination of almost 30 days of driving, only a few hours of sleep for two nights, and then walking and standing for almost the entire day, I could sleep for days!
Tomorrow we will get our tickets from John Salazar's office and then attend a party with my Dad's friend and then go to the ball. After the ball I have to write an article for the Durango Herald, my first freelance story. Right on!
Anyways, I'm off to chat for a bit with the family friends and then pass out on their pull-out couch bed. I can't wait!

2 comments:
I'm so proud of you KK! A freelance writer at 21! You are so lucky you get to be a part of this amazing celebration. Have fun at the ball tomorrow, and bask in the glory that is Obama's inauguration. Love,
Jelley
Love the photos - makes it all seem a little more real!
Post a Comment