We have arrived in Maryland. My uncle's house is outside of DC in the Appalachians of Maryland. It's gorgeous here in the summer. No snow's on the ground, so it's not really right now, but oh well.
The drive went well.
We tuned into NPR both morning and afternoon to listen to their Inauguration coverage and I.AM.PUMPED! The fun starts tomorrow with the concert on Lincoln. More musicians to add to my concert repertoire. I listened to an interview with Will.I.Am, the guy from the Black Eyed Peas who wrote the song from Obama's speech in New Hampshire with the "Yes We Can" theme. He said he will be there playing Bob Marley's song "One Love". Each artist will play a song that has to do with the concert's theme, "We Are One". We'll head down to Bethesda tomorrow to our friend's house for four nights.
When I drive for long distances I turn into a dunce and start to ask or say things without much forethought and end up sounding much dumber than I really am.
I said without any second thought, "it's weird Dad, the motorcyclists haven't been on the road at all...." and then later I also said... "I'm so surprised there aren't any bugs on the wheel." To both of those things my Dad just laughed. Duh, of course there aren't any bugs on the window or motorcyclists on the road because it's almost freezing outside, and they are an integral part of summer drive, NOT winter drive.
I'm almost absolutely sick of eating fast food. I now know why I don't regularly visit drive-up windows. We did Wendy's, Taco Bell, McDonald's and KFC. The reason being it's quick. Hence the name, 'fast food.' But seriously, I feel sluggish from eating all that junk. I would much rather stop somewhere local in the different towns but that idea has been vetoed by my Dad who is the master of cross country trips and stopping for sit-down restaurants wastes precious time.
I cannot wait to go to bed tonight after eating a healthy/real meal and starting the inaugural festivities.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Paul and I are watching. Tell your Dad to post some pix too. We wish we could be there with you. Such an historic event! Enjoy the moment! --Aunt Janet
Post a Comment