Doing what I always do when I want to learn more, I googled "intentional manifestation” and found a great article (it links out I promise, just still can't figure out my link color) that just cleared things up for me. Here's my favorite part:
"Whenever you want to set a new goal for yourself, start by setting it. Take the time to become clear about what you want, but then just declare it.
Say to the universe, “Here is the goal. Make it so.”
Do not ask the universe for what you want. Declare it. Don’t ask. This is very similar to prayer, but you are not praying FOR what you want. You are praying WHAT you want. You are simply saying, “Here it is. Make it so.” It is like planting a seed in the ground. You do not say to the ground, “Here is the seed. Please, can you make it grow?” You simply plant the seed, and it will grow as a natural consequence of your planting and tending to it. It is the same with your intentions. Simply plant them. There’s no need to beg."
Seems easy enough. I'm a 'go-get-em' type of girl.
Based on that basic interpretation, it seems I inadvertently already did that with one side of my life that desperately needed improvement when I set my new years resolution.
My new years resolution was to be happy and be healthy. Very broad yes, but it referred to a lot of little things that I needed to change in my life, that all boiled down to two very simple concepts. Be healthy and happy.
In the past two months I have been very successful with the healthy aspect. I set my intention to take care of myself. I started working out. I went to a chiropractor. Then things kind of started to come together, from the Universe I suppose. My chiropractor told me about a diet she was sponsoring that improved one's health and led to significant (and healthy) weight loss. For more information about it read my other blog. So not only did I begin to fix my shoulders with these visits, but I found the solution to my weight loss conundrum without trying too hard. (I can lose weight when someone else is holding me accountable, but I didn't want to join weight watchers or anything like that.)
The universe presented my chiropractor at Cynergy Chiropractic through a simple search on my Anthem insurance database that gave me a female doctor with massage therapy that was within network. I walked into the office knowing nothing about my doctor or her programs, and it was the best thing I could have done for my health. Lending to my resolution of being healthy.
So not only are my shoulders feeling better, but I have lost 15 pounds in just the month of February. This, in part, is leading to being happier with myself if I feel more comfortable in my own skin. The weight loss isn’t the universe making me eat right, that’s my own intention. I want to succeed and lose weight to be healthier. The universe can’t pull all the weight. (Pun intended.) The more weight I lose, the more motivated I am to stick with it and reach my goal.
My weight loss motivation is for health more than happiness. I want to be at a healthier BMI and weight this young in my life because I don’t want to be 30 or 40 and overweight and unhappy. My diet is designed to improve pancreas function, decrease obesity, burn fat cells (and not muscle mass like some fad diets) and also helps with blood sugar issues, cholesterol problems and high blood pressure (which I have low blood pressure). It claimed I would feel energized, feel strong and look vibrant. I feel strong and energized, and others have told me I’m vibrant.
Another opportunity that presented itself was the fact that my cousin recently opened an amazing yoga studio in Lafayette, only a 30 minute drive away. Soul Tree Studio offers amazing yoga and Pilates classes. I previously couldn’t afford yoga or Pilates in Denver and I have been helping Meghan with promotional stuff in exchange for classes. Again, the universe presenting an amazing opportunity to me. Meghan and Jake could have opened a studio anywhere, but they moved to my neck of the woods and Meghan is an amazing teacher and has created an amazing space.
The yoga class I have gone to regularly is playlist yoga. It has usually been just myself and one other person. (We’re still working on getting more people to attend classes.) At the beginning of each class we are asked to set an intention for the class. Mine have been varied from ‘relaxing’ to ‘love myself for who I am even if I can’t do all the poses’ to ‘just have fun’. The last intention was mine tonight during Hip Hop yoga. The music was not your typical background music for yoga, but I started the session dancing around with two other women to the same music I heard dancing at the Lost Dog this summer having a grand old time before we started our sequences. I had fun! Those yoga classes are very good examples for setting intentions and seeing through with them. The yoga class, Pilates class and at home strength training comprise my weekly work out regiment. Totally doable, and it doesn’t require a costly gym membership.
Ok, so you might ask, where I am going with this. There is a point I promise.
As the article explained, you must say to the Universe, “Here is the goal. Make it so.” I did that Jan 1. (Wow, for once a successful resolution.) I declared that I would be healthy and happy. I realized it would take time. But I planted that seed, and I think I’ve been successful at growing it with the different opportunities that have come my way, especially where ‘health’ is concerned.
So now comes my experiment. Despite all this, the happiness isn’t doing so well. Granted there are things in my life that make me happy, and the success of my diet makes me happy, along with my amazing family and friends.
What makes me unhappy is my job. My lack of a real income. My difficulty to meet new people do to my job and my low income. I hate saying that money makes me happy or unhappy, but the stress with not having enough money to make ends meet makes me unhappy. I want to support myself and be self sufficient. I want to stop depending on my parents to help me pay my bills each month, especially when unexpected expenses (car tires?) pop up. (I don’t need a lot, but any job paying more than $20,000 is an improvement at this point.)
I feel like the first step to improving my happiness is finding another (real) job. About a week ago, I set the intention, that if I couldn’t find a job I would try to be a nanny. It’s real money, and you live in. I told my mom about this idea and she said, don’t worry, something will come along soon. And in an email she said, “You will get a real job!” She initiated the manifestation for me. Planting that first seed. And whatdoya know? I get an email just a few hours letter from a PR firm interested in interviewing me. The interview went great. I find out in a couple days if I got it or not.
On Friday I had signed up for a job fair and thought, meh, what’s the point in going if I potentially have this job with the PR firm. And thought it’d be ironic if I got a call offering the job while at the fair. But something much different happened, I finally heard back from the editor at a dream reporting job I have been wanting for a few weeks now (but had given up hope because I hadn’t heard from him in a few weeks.) At this job fair I also saw my former publisher with the Durango Herald, Richard Ballantine, and he said he’d be willing to give me a good reference for the dream reporting job. (I won’t name either employer until a verdict comes my way.) I have a phone interview with that editor on Monday and would take it in a heartbeat.
The article finishes with this:
So what is your goal? Say it out loud right now, and let it be for the greatest good of all. Then say to the universe, “Make it so.” Wait for the synchronicities and unusual coincidences to arrive. Follow them where they want to lead you, even if it seems strange at first. Allow your goal to manifest.
So here I am on a Saturday night, officially declaring that I will get a job and waiting for more synchronicities and unusual coincidences to arrive to make it happen. (But to be honest, I have already seen quite a few that make me believe it will happen anyways.)
I am going to focus my intentions on both jobs, but I have already planted the seed for the PR firm, and the dream reporting job as well. But now through my intentions and my charming phone interview where I stun the editor with my amazing personality and top-notch reporting skills, I will manifest that intention, and get it. I have the power to be healthy and happy. I have to power to be the best candidate for this job.
“I will get a big girl job. Make it happen Universe.”
This goal will manifest, and in the next week I will be one step close to my overall goal to be happy and healthy. And then I can move onto another aspect of my life that needs manifestation: relationships. uh oh. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment